Thirty-one Health and Development Issues in Our Family
Regardless, of the challenges our family faces, this is our family. So while the diagnoses and labels help us research and help us to connect with others dealing with the same kinds of things, around home, we are working towards less labeling and more just loving each other for who we are - both the troubling and the blessing in each person's personality and our humanness. For the record, it's not the easiest to do when so many of us are "special needs." I'm including myself in that category! So I'm listing our current issues here - there have been others in the past that we have grown past or been healed by Jesus and probably others that we'll face in years to come. One day at a time, right? And lots and lots of grace.
2. Seasonal Allergies.
3. Sleep Apnea.
4. Reactive Attachment Disorder (RAD).
7. High Blood Pressure.
9. Food sensitivities.
11. Sensory Processing Disorder (SPD).
12. Crooked Teeth.
13. Diabetes, Type 2 and Pre-diabetes.
14. Oppositional Defiance Disorder (ODD).
15. Attention-Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder (ADHD).
16. Seasonal Affectedness Disorder.
17. Thinning Hair.
21. Pre-Menstrual Syndrome (PMS).
22. Phobias/Fears of the Dark, Heights, Insects, Vomiting, Germs, Crowded Places, Making Decisions, Being Kidnapped, and too many to list...
23. Non-verbal Learning Disorder (NLD).
24. Rebellion. Manipulation. Dishonesty. Greediness. Jealousy. Impatience. Impulsivity. Aggression.
26. Hard-sleepers (unwakeable) AND Soft-sleepers (wake at every noise).
28. Weak Joints and a Dodgy Hip.
29. Teeth-grinding and TMJ.
30. Picky Eaters and Over Eaters.
31. Learning Disabilities.
Just to name a few....