Thursday, January 3, 2013

Early Flight

Tomorrow, my flight leaves at 7:00am.  We'll leave our house at least an hour-and-a-half before that.

That wouldn't seem so early if the overnighted package my aunt sent with photos for the project hadn't gotten delayed due to mechanical issues with the plane and now may not make it at all (but if it does, it's likely to be very late).  And if when I went to go ahead and print the other photos I have didn't cause Walgreen's website to breakdown.

Okay, so maybe I didn't break the site.  A talk with the tech guys told us they knew about the problem.  In the meantime, I went to a local Walgreen's and they let me use the online deal price for an in-store order.

Mostly, I think, it's because the guy at the photo department has been stressing about his own grandmother who's been in the hospital since Christmas day and so he connected with me about why I'm so anxious to get these pictures printed for my grandmother's memorial service.  He also said he'd get them done in 30-40 minutes instead of two hours like their system was predicting.

Praise God for small coincidences yielding big favors.

However, then the site went down for the store.  So he asked me to bring in the photos on a thumb drive (this was 30-40 minutes after I'd already been to the store and was expecting his call to tell me the pictures were printed).  No.

So I went back to Walgreen's with a thumb drive.  I asked him, "Do you think you'll still get these done in 30-40 minutes?"

He said, "Roughly."

Almost two hours later, I got the call that they were finished.

When I went back to pick them up, the guy was on lunch break and his manager was there.  She knew to charge me the 9-cents per print instead of the usual 19-cents.  Phew. 

Even though the pictures weren't done very quickly, it sounded like they had a heck of a time getting them printed.  More and more problems with their system, their equipment and everything.  So I made sure to put in a good word with the manager for the guy who'd obviously done everything he could to get those printed for me.  He was always courteous and kind no matter how frustrated he was getting with the process. 

I heard he even pushed his manager into helping him get them done.  She had told him that she'd finish them through the night and he said, "But she's leaving on a plane early in the morning and she needs these for her grandmother's memorial service!"  So they got them done.

Nothing in the project is assembled, but I'll have a good amount of day at my parents' house when I arrive, so I'll get it done.

Anyway, there was a lot more I wanted to blog about, but we'll save that stuff for another day.

Blog to you soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment