Friday, October 28, 2011

Holy Matrimony

Today, O was getting frustrated with his sister and the idea of serving women in general.  J and O were going to go outside to play, but first I wanted the coloring mess J had created to be cleaned up.  J told O that if he helped her clean, they could get outside together faster.

He said, "Queen J, Queen J ... I need to help her pick up crayons for her like a servant."

I said, "Well, it's nice of you to do it.  Thank you for helping her.  I know it's a big mess."

He said, "There's only one king.  Not a queen."

I asked what he was talking about.

He said, "God's the only King.  I wish God would get married and have a wife-queen."

I chuckled at the thought and said, "Why should God get married?"

He said, "Well, that way He can know how hard queens are!"

This made me laugh a little more.

He smiled and said, "I think the queen's name should be Queen Bee! but I don't know why.  It just sounds like the name God's wife would probably want."

I'm not sure if he even realized the irony I found in that statement of his since in the world of bees, it's the queen who leads the hive.  Yea, it's probably good God isn't married. Ha.

2 comments:

  1. That's funny! I wouldn't expect that sort of thought out of O!

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOL; that is hilarious!

    ReplyDelete