Monday, March 12, 2012

High School Homeschool Help

I'm always searching for ways to better educate our kids -- new books, new materials, new techniques, new resources and most of all, new, inexpensive ways to make what we do even more exciting for them.

S is in 11th grade right now and as we're coming up on 12th, I've been crazily trying to make sure she's getting every bit of education she might need before she graduates high school and enlists or whatever she ultimately decides to do.  There seems to be so little time and yet so much still to tell her! 

In my research for a new resource, I discovered this website, which is probably one of the most awesome free resources for high school (and beyond!!) education ever available online.  Whether you are a homeschool mom or just someone who wants to learn a few more things now and then, I encourage you to check out the website and watch a few videos by this super-skilled teacher (aka former hedge fund manager).

Ironically, an hour after showing S the website and explaining to her I'd like her to start watching videos in certain categories and taking notes, we were driving to Staples so I could get her a really good notebook for her note taking when, on the radio, K-LOVE started talking about the website, too!  I couldn't believe it.  It seemed like confirmation from the Lord that we were on a good path here with this new resource.

Well, I was going to post a sample video for you here, but apparently since the world is discovering this website at the same time I am trying to tell you about it, it's running ridiculously slow.  So, try it some other time.  I found it was really easy to watch the videos at 2:30 in the morning last night when I wasn't sleeping because I was thinking about S and high school, etc.  Crazy, I know.  But, it was worthwhile since I found the site!

No comments:

Post a Comment