Wednesday, November 28, 2012

Christmas on TV

I don't know about you, but I love Christmas movies.  We don't get too many gloomy winter days here in New Mexico, but it does get dark early and it's fun to cuddle up on the couch with a kid or five and settle in for a holiday classic.

I was thrilled to find out that ABC Family has posted their Christmas movies for the month in an easy to save or print PDF file so we can be sure to record and watch some of our favorites.

Check it out HERE.

I suppose I should talk about my favorite Christmas movie here, but I don't have just one.  Some of the ones I can watch over and over are: A Charlie Brown Christmas, A Christmas Story, Edward Scissorhands (the first movie C and I saw together...awwww), The Very First NoelThe Santa Clause (and even the sequels are good), How the Grinch Stole Christmas (the classic, though the newer Jim Carrey version is charming in its own way), The Muppet Christmas Carol (or any of a variety of Christmas Carol movies that are out there), and I can't forget National Lampoon's Christmas Vacation.

Sadly, that's not the whole list of Christmas movies I love.  There are so many that I usually can't get to all of them every single year.  I think if "Christmas movies" is a genre, that's probably my favorite genre of all movies.  I feel most in the mood to watch movies this time of year.  I love the whole season.

What are your favorite Christmas movies?


6 comments:

  1. We love the Santa Claus series, The Nativity...just watched that one!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hm.. I don't watch many of them. I've seen several just once through, so I'm not sure if I consider them favorites or not. Oh I do like The Holiday, though. :) It's a chick flick--have you seen it?

    Oh and I like the Grinch cartoon. I've never seen the Jim Carrey version.

    I used to love Christmas so much more than I do now, and I remember that we would usually see It Came Upon a Midnight Clear on TV each year. I'd probably find it goofy now, but I guess I liked it back then. I'm not crazy about Christmas movies where there are constant disasters/mishaps, though. I don't really like any movie like that.

    I'm sure I'm forgetting something.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I don't know if I've seen the Nativity movie yet ... I'll check that out!

    I have seen The Holiday. It's definitely not as family-friendly, but for an adult's only movie night, it's a good one.

    Oh and Miracle on 34th Street (I like the newer one)! You would like that one, too. It has a chick-flick element to it. But it's still family friendly.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh yeah I've seen the newer Miracle on 34th--it was cute!

    I totes forgot about The Nativity--that's the one from a few years ago with the girl from Whale Rider, right?

    ReplyDelete
  5. I've seen only the old "Miracle on 34th Street", "A Charlie Brown Christmas", "A Christmas Carole" (the old one) and "Edward Scissorhands" (although I didn't remember that as a Christmas Movie). I like them all. I've never seen the complete "It's a Wonderful Life". That's concidered a Christmas classic. I don't know why I haven't seen all of it, I really like Jimmy Sterwart. And, of coure, I watched "Polar Express" about a thousand times with N :) (It's good, too!)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I think Edward Scissorhands is considered a Christmas movie because how apparently before Edward came to town there was no such thing as snow. And I think part of the movie is at Christmas... I'm forgetting! I need to rewatch it!

    Polar Express is one that some of my kids find scary. Or at least they did when they were younger.

    ReplyDelete