Wednesday, November 28, 2012

Parental Rights

As homeschoolers, we have decided it is in our best interest to keep ourselves affiliated with some legal representation in case anything ever went awry.  We are members of HSLDA along with many other homeschooling families.

HSLDA not only stands in the wings in case we need legal representation, but they keep us informed about politics and laws that affect us as parents and homeschoolers.  Sometimes, what is going on out there is really astonishing and so I'm glad to have them paying attention when my attention is pulled so many other ways.  I can stay informed and involved by paying attention to the HSLDA updates.

The world continues changing and more and more, parents' hands are being tied where it concerns making decisions about our children.  It's up to us to get involved and to pray to protect the rights of families.

One of the blogs I follow, brings to light a serious matter (if you click over, you'll see her references to HSLDA, too) and instead of reiterating what Jamerrill writes on her blog, I'm going to just provide a link so you can go read her post.

I hope you'll check it out and join me in praying for this matter.


2 comments:

  1. I went to that site and started watching the video. I am horrified over what is happening to parental rights. I think more people should be made aware of this. Thank you for doing your part.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm trying! :) Thanks for checking it out.

    ReplyDelete