Friday, March 8, 2013

Lent, My Days 23-24

I know my day 24 is not over yet, but here's the thing, I'm going away for the weekend(!) and so I'm posting my thankfulness now so I can be thankful I don't have more posts to make up when I get back.  We all know I'm already backlogged with so many things I want to write about here anyway.

Okay, so on day 23, Thursday (yesterday), nothing particular stuck out.  Let me think... well, I didn't feel really well in the morning, so I lazed around.  For lunch, I decided I needed to get out of the house to feel better, so we went to Jack in the Box where I had a so-so salad with grilled chicken.  We hit Savers after that where kids begged for stuff I wouldn't buy them.

I drove nieces home from school in the afternoon and then took Z and H to flag-football practice.  It was O's special night with me, so he decided to invite J to come along.  His night, I guess.  I never said they can't share it.  I just kind of thought no one would want to.  But he did.  He brought his bike to the park again and J fit her scooter in the trunk with it.  Then the two of them made friends with another girl who was playing on her scooter at the park.

A-ha!  I just thought of something to be thankful for yesterday!  The weather.  It was great.  It wasn't even cold and windy at the park where the boys practiced and where I sat and watched O and J riding their bikes around without heavy coats on.  That park is always about 15-degrees cooler than everywhere else (I guess it's on a mesa or something).  But yesterday, it was a perfect day to sit outside -- even there at that park.



After that, C took kids to go get stuff for dinner and I curled up on my bed and refused to budge till morning.  I missed Holy Yoga because I still wasn't feeling so awesome, but I guess it's the way God wanted it because my friend called to talk with me during when I'd normally be in class.

It was great because usually the phone ringing means that all the kids start going crazy and I'm usually not able to talk on the phone for very long.  But because C had the kids and I was in the quiet of my bedroom, I was able to give her my full attention.  This is the friend who has been heavy on my heart lately and has consumed a lot of my prayer time.  So it was good to get an update from her on things.

So I'm thankful for those things.  Weather and an opportunity to talk with my friend.


Today, day 24, I'm thankful most of all because it is Friday!  My favorite day of the week.  Tonight, C and I get our weekly date night.  Then this weekend, I'm getting to go to Arizona to accomplish Goal 3 in my therapy goals, among other fun things that will happen while I'm there.  I'm so looking forward to the trip. 

Oh, I also bought myself a new bra today.  I don't know about you, but I like getting a new bra.  Specifically, I like the way a new bra fits and supports before I get it all stretched out and my back starts hurting a lot.  I'm pretty settled in the brand and style I buy and I always get the same one (slightly smaller recently), because they are dependable.  It makes bra shopping easier.  As long as I find a woman at the register to ring me out, of course.

Have a great weekend everyone!

P.S. I'll try to post to Instagram this weekend, so be sure to check it out (I'm still @mamaflock7).


3 comments:

  1. That is funny that O would invite J to his special night. It is nice to know that he enjoys her company, though.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm thankful that Dad and I were able to go camping at Clear Lake to preview for our summer camping. I'm thankful that it wasn't rainy or windy, that the dogs were pretty good, that we were able to ride our tandem bike around the park and that we didn't freeze to death. (even though we were really cold in the early mornings and evenings.)

    It's good to be home safely, too!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great stuff to be thankful for! I'm glad you had a nice time.

    ReplyDelete