Saturday, May 26, 2012

Earth, Wind & Fire

No, this is not a flashback to the 1970s.  This is a tribute to the lovely wind we've been having here in central New Mexico that stirs up a whole lot of earth (sand) and brings in pollution from forest fires happening all around us.  It's great.

Okay, so I'm being a little sarcastic.  I mean, who wants to be surrounded constantly by the scent of a campfire without the benefit of its warmth and s'mores ... or camping?  And then while inhaling the aromas of burning forests, we also get to be pelted with sand.  It's a whole lot of sneezing and eye-watering going on around here for the past two days.  A lot of indoor time happening here.

On the bright side, our evening sun has been cloaked brilliantly in the most awesome shade of pink!! 

So this evening, a few kids rode with me out to some less populated hilltops (love my 4wd for getting up those sandy mountains) so I could snap a few pictures and play with my manual settings on the camera.  I'm still not capturing the splendor of the pink sun I would like to, but it's cool, I'll share my pictures with you anyway.  At least you'll get an idea what I'm talking about and get to share in the joys of this smoky, windy air pollution, without having to stand outside in it.  Enjoy.






On a serious note, our prayers go out to the families who have lost their homes in the fires and to the firefighters working diligently to get the blazes under control.  Thank you for your service and sacrifices.

1 comment:

  1. The sun really does look beautiful. A harvest sun in spring.

    ReplyDelete