Tuesday, August 7, 2012

Free Spirit

I was mentioning in my post yesterday about J being a bit of a free spirit and today was the perfect example of this.

She woke (at 10:00 a.m.) and came downstairs and said, "Mama, today when I woke up, I felt like a bird."

I said, "You felt like a bird?" making sure I heard her correctly.

She said, "Yes.  And the first thing I did was think about making a nest for me."

About ten minutes later, S, who had been working on cleaning up her room this morning, came down and said, "Um ... Mom?  J is busy making a nest on her bed.  Do you know what's up with that?"

Yes, I do.  Today, our girl is imagining her life as a bird.  Fairly soon, she'll be asking for bird food for breakfast.

This is not unusual for her.  When she was little(r), she often would imagine herself as a cat.  I remember one particular day where she crawled on all fours and rubbed up against our legs for literally hours, refusing to stand up or talk in any voice other than a meow.

She's dedicated to the task of using her imagination, that's for sure.

Never once in my life have I woke feeling like any kind of animal other than a human animal.  That's one of the big differences between J and me.

How about you?

3 comments:

  1. Well, sometimes I feel like a whale when I'm on the beach.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Haha ... well you are a creative type, too! :) You're funny.

    ReplyDelete