Friday, August 17, 2012

Nature Discovery: Toad on the Driveway

Our kids love discovering some "wild" animal in the yard or the neighborhood and then calling me out to take pictures of it.  You'd think I was offering some kind of prize for the first to tell me about a sighting with the way they hurry in to get me.  But no, they just know I like taking pictures (as evidence, not because I'm any kind of good photographer) and so that is prize enough, I guess.  Better than bringing me a bouquet of hand-picked wildflowers, in a way.

Today, Z and H discovered a toad on our driveway.  We have toads in our backyard sometimes and they are pretty enormous.  This one was different:



This isn't superb quality (also just on an automatic setting so difficult to fuss with in PSP), but I was proud of this shot capturing the toad as it hopped away anyway.

2 comments:

  1. I was going to say "so cute", too. That is a differant kind of toad from what we get in our yard. Must be a NM toad. We haven't had an abundance of toads this year, I think it's cyclical.

    ReplyDelete