Friday, June 15, 2012

Journaling: Day 15

Here we are, Readers; half way through the challenge.  Only 15 more days of tolerating my horrible artistry and handwriting! Ha!  I know some people might think to continue on, journaling like this forever.  But for me, while this has been fun, I know some of the joy is knowing that it's a project with a timeline.  Knowing that in 15 days the pressure to keep up is off.

This whole year, our family has endured a little and a lot of sickness.  Even now as a stomach bug makes its way through our family members for the umpteenth time, I am reluctant to give in and say that we are defined by our sickness.  I jokingly call it the "Year of the V" or the "Year of the Doctor" (in my blog and in real life), but truthfully, there is a lot of other stuff that better defines us and our year.

So Janel's prompt helped me form a reminder that our family's health or sickness doesn't define who we are.  Because above all the health issues we've experienced, we have been so fortunate to have an abundance of support from friends and family, and the joy they bring to our lives is a much better way to define us.


We are blessed by the presence of so many wonderful people in our lives.  That's really what I want to shout from the mountain tops.

1 comment: