Saturday, June 16, 2012

Journaling: Day 16

One skill I'm not particularly good at is imagining.  I'm not really good at fantasizing about things that aren't actually happening and I don't get the hypothetical.  These are important skills for writers and artists, alike, but no matter how hard I try, I am lacking in this area.

For that reason, this was the first journal prompt that I nearly gave up on.  However, I dug deep and reflected on things that are real and true in our life right now and tried to figure a way to tweak them to think about how life would be if just one thing was changed.

That's how I came up with today's journal page...



I truly cannot even imagine the answers to those questions.  I just don't know.  But thankfully, the prompt was not about this imaginary thing coming true, it was more about letting my mind stretch just a little more today.

1 comment:

  1. Im really glad that this prompt challenged you to get out of your normal thinking. I am even more glad that you ROCKED it and didn't give up!!! you are amazing my friend :)

    ReplyDelete