Thursday, June 7, 2012

Journaling: Day 7

Happiness is ... this fun journaling project!  I have never been very good at sticking with a journal for long, but now I've done a whole week straight and had so much fun.  Today's prompt from Janel is about what Happiness is to me.  I could make a whole spreadsheet on the topic, but instead, I just jotted down the first few things that came to mind and left it at that.
 


My other happy thought for today is that my oldest niece is 13!  She was the first grandchild to arrive for my parents (even if, now, she isn't the oldest) and I was the first grandchild to arrive in my family ... so I know what it's like to be the first and to lead the way for all the incoming siblings and cousins.  It's a cool situation to be in (sometimes), but certainly there are challenges, too.  Anyway, whatever the feeling, I understand how she feels about some stuff because we have that connection. 

I remember the day of her birth!  So it's really hard for me to accept that she's now officially a teenager.  But here we go ... now my sister is in the MOT Club with me (Mom of Teen) and we can commiserate together about the joys and trials of raising teens.  Fun, fun.

Happy Birthday, L.

4 comments:

  1. Great happiness items!

    Also, your blog readership is really growing!

    Also-also, S's gift is sent but I didn't include any note/card or giftwrap, because I'm awesome. Sorry, as usual! But just don't open the outer envelope until you're ready for her to actually open it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you! And I'm getting so excited to have 17 followers now and several others who have stopped by to check out the blog. That makes me happy, too!

    I love your side note about S's gift. :) It makes me smile. I'll keep watch for it and leave it sealed till the actual big day.

    ReplyDelete
  3. So lovely and colourful. I love a good deal too.

    ReplyDelete
  4. You are very imaginative! Great job.
    This may be the last comment I make for a week. Then I'll have to play catch-up again.

    I'll try to call S on her big day!

    Love, Mom

    ReplyDelete