Thursday, June 28, 2012

Journaling: Day 28

I had so much fun with this journal entry today.  If you know me, you know I can usually come up with lots of ideas pretty well because I'm a "starter."  Finishing projects is more of a challenge for me.  So Janel's prompt today allowed me to focus on my strength of developing ideas or starts for things...



Sorry about my sad little "s" down there at the bottom.  I didn't plan for space very well and since I don't do rough drafts on my journal pages, we'll just live with it.

The bright colors of the title letters are because of the sun-shiny feeling I have after taking kids to the movies and the park today.  We had fun and I felt productive and popular with the kids (rare!).

Tomorrow is Friday ... my favorite day of the week!  What are your plans for this weekend?

5 comments:

  1. Man, you have some pretty good ideas. I was just talking about how it would be fun to do weekly journals like this so it wasn't as overwhelming but there was a continuous creative time, and people could join in whenever they felt like it. Brenda suggested I start one, but you'd probably be better at it!

    I'm going to miss your journal posts when you're done!

    My plans: nada. I didn't really think about it, but I am plan-less! Except I have a photo shoot tonight, so I'll be doing some photo editing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aww, you're so sweet! Thanks, Jessica. Maybe I could come up with a weekly journal idea -- since I'm so good at sticking with weekly theme days (not). I wonder if Fridays would be best, so people could have all weekend to work on it. We'll see.

    Have fun with the shoot and editing!

    My kids come home tomorrow! So I'm sure there will be a lot of nagging them to unpack and stuff. :) Otherwise, we're pretty plan-less, too, at this point. Weird for me.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I know what you mean about good ideas that don't get completed!
    I started painting the entryway closet. I got it done except the door. Were going camping, again, so I have to put stuff back in it. I can probably leave it with contents in to paint the door if I'm really careful. It seemed like a 1 day project. That was Monday.

    Happy Friday! Love, Mom

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm sure you could do that with the door ... or remove it from the hinges if you're worried about getting paint on the stuff. You're good to be painting closets! We haven't come close to getting all the rooms painted, let alone closets!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Almost every room needs to be repainted. I just decided to start small and work up. We'll see how many years it takes.

    ReplyDelete