So today, I can't narrow down my list of things I'm thankful for to just one. Bear with me...
1. I'm thankful for my Bible study ladies who get up early and give up time on their Saturday mornings to spend time in the Word with me (and each other) learning about Daniel.
2. I'm thankful for flag-football season starting so I can go cheer on our kids a little more! Z is playing this year (I think as a wide receiver, but positions haven't fully been announced yet) and H has moved on up to Assistant Coach. So he's in charge of tracking stats for the team and helping out with practice drills. We had our first scrimmage today against the National Champion team and the guys did a great job holding their own out there.
3. I'm thankful for my friend, KF, who came (even though she is not a football fan) to cheer on our team and to help me by holding up the new nets the arena strung up all over the place, which make photographing the games more difficult this season.
4. I'm thankful S is learning some lessons the hard way -- but at least she's learning them. Looking forward to seeing how her latest challenges help her to move forward. Eighteen is really starting to freak her out a bit. So there have been some struggles as we approach that special day. We'll keep praying for her!
5. I'm thankful for silly iPhone games to occupy J and my time while waiting two hours in urgent care only to find out she has a virus that should be over by Tuesday.
And so much more... but we'll stop at five today. I need to get to bed!