Wednesday, July 11, 2012

2012 Getting to Know You ... er, Me

My niece, L, sent me this year's questionnaire and so I'm posting my responses here to share with whomever wants to read them -- instead of spamming you all... please let me know if you post your answers anywhere.

1.What color are your socks right now?
Black with little white and purple pinstripes in a diagonal, cross-hatchy kind of pattern (though I would have worn different socks today if I knew I was going to have to describe them).

2. What are you listening to right now?
The hum of a fan blowing on our server, which keeps getting overheated in this hottest room in our house and the clicking of my keyboard.  In the background, I hear J and H starting to argue and S and her friend EG giggling about something. 
3. What was the last thing you ate?
I'm chewing gum right now, but before this, I ate a chocolate chip cookie.
4. Can you drive a stick shift?
Sure can.
5. Last person you spoke to on the phone?
My husband, C.  Oh wait! No, I just spoke to a scheduling person when setting up S's followup doctor's appointment for late October.
6. Do you like the person who sent this to you?
Definitely, yes.
7. How old are you today?
Why do they ask this question this way?  I either have to go look up how old I am today or feel grouchy because it seems like they think I'm going to lie and tell you my age from a couple years ago or something.   I'm still 38.  I'm also 2024 weeks old, apparently.
8. What is your favorite sport to watch on TV?
On TV?  I guess gymnastics or ice skating.
9. What is your favorite drink?
Water.  Filtered or bottled is preferred over tap.
10. Have you ever dyed your hair?
Yes. 
11. Favorite food?
Salmon.
 12. What is the last movie you watched?
Either The King's Speech or Brave, I don't remember which came first, but both were recent.  Both were great!
13. Birthday?
Yes.  I was born.
14. How do you vent?
I try to take some quiet time to myself, pray, etc.  But sometimes, I yell and/or cry.  It just depends on my ability to step back from a situation and evaluate appropriately.
15. What was your favorite toy as a child?
My dolls and my basketball signed by Kareem Abdul Jabbar.
16. What is your favorite season?
Autumn.  Still and always.
17. Cherries or Blueberries?
Though I love cherries, blueberries agree with my body better.
18. Do you want your friends to e-mail you back?
Email or blog-post a reply or whatever.  No pressure.
19. Who is the most likely to respond?
Someone in my family, probably.
20. Who is least likely to respond?
Someone who does not read my blog.
21. Living situation?
Alive?  On earth?  I'm not sure I understand the question.
22. When was the last time you cried?
This morning.  It was one of those times when I couldn't get away enough to vent quietly or prayerfully, as mentioned in #14.  So I kind of lost it and did some yelling and crying.  Just one of those days, I guess.
23. What is on the floor of your closet right now?
Things that don't fit up on the shelves, some shoes, our luggage, probably dust.
 24. Who is the person you have known the longest that you are sending to?
This is going out to the WWW and since God's omnipresent and omniscient, I guess I've known Him the longest.  But as far as regular people go, my mom is a regular reader here, so I guess she comes in second.
25. What did you do last night?
Wrote up a biography of Louis Braille as I continue to construct a multifaceted human study curriculum to use with all four younger kids in the coming school year.  Yes, all my spare time lately has gone to research and writing in preparation for the new school year.
26. What are you most afraid of?
I'm not really afraid of much because I know God is big.  But I do get anxious sometimes about not doing my best with regards to our kids.  I'm constantly second-guessing and double-checking myself.  Sometimes I feel like I'm going along okay and that's when I get blindsided because I realize I wasn't doing enough in a particular area.  As with everything in life, I'm a work in progress -- even as a mama.
27. Plain, cheese, or spicy hamburgers?
Cheese and spicy, please.
28. Favorite dog breed?
Stuffed.
30. How many states have you lived in?
Six-ish, depending on how you count.
31. Diamonds or pearls?
Diamonds.  But really, I prefer sapphires.
32. What is your favorite flower?
Several for different reasons, but my go-to "favorite" is always the tulip.
33. What book are you reading?
A Love That Multiplies by Jim Bob and Michelle Duggar.  Also, several magazine articles, blog posts, and many websites for my research.
34. What is your favorite song?
This is too big of a question.  I like a lot of songs depending on my mood.  My favorite hymn will always be Amazing Grace.  
35. Hobby?
Blogging, picture-taking, being adventurous with our kids.

1 comment:

  1. Sorry I didn't send you the questionaire. I saw that L had sent it so figured you were covered. Your answers are very intriguing, though. Way deeper than mine. :)

    ReplyDelete