Saturday, July 14, 2012

Weekend Journal: Prompt 2

So far, I think I may be the only one doing this weekend journaling project, but that's okay. It's good for me to keep creative thought flowing! But feel free to jump in any time.

Locally, this weekend, is the Annual Lavender Festival. I really want to go to it. The odd thing is that I am not a fan of the scent: lavender. But the festival sounds fun and family oriented and maybe even educational in some ways. Plus, what else do I have to do today (beside everything)? Maybe I'll even get some fun pictures from it.

Anyway, the thought of lavender made me think about flowers and scents and so that inspired my Weekend Journal prompt.

Journal about some of your favorite flowers or some of your least favorite flowers, based on scents. I usually resort to tulips being my favorite flower, but it's all visual ... they have no real scent. So I want to focus on what are the floral scents that really grab my attention (for good or bad reasons).

Use whatever comes naturally to you for journaling purposes. It doesn't matter if it's written, painted, drawn, or done with natural elements (yes, you can go out there and collect some of those scented flowers if they're blooming now!). Just have fun!

Here's my journal page:


 (Thank you to those who unknowingly loaned me photos for my project here.)

2 comments:

  1. Fun one! :D I may incorporate it somehow.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Freesias smell wonderful, too. Maybe they are a lily. That's funny you don't care for lavender, D doesn't either.

    ReplyDelete