Monday, July 16, 2012

Funny Niece

My niece, N, is so funny.  Maybe it's the age (5) or her role in our family -- I don't know, but she says a million funny things a day and I can't keep track of them all.

But today, I am writing three of them down for you all...



When I picked up N and E to bring them to my house this morning to watch them for the day, we'd barely begun driving when N had a big announcement to make.

N: Tia!  Guess what!

me: What?!

N: When we were in our house, E and I sneezed at exactly the same time.

me: Oh ... how funny is that?!

N: I don't know.  (long pause)  How funny is it to you?

---

Almost to our house...

N: Well, Tia, all E's crunchies are gone.

me: Okay, well, let's throw that can away then so it can stop rolling around the van.

N: Yeah, E was hungry and she ate some.  Now they're all gone.

me: She does like crunchies.

N: Well, she ate some ... but I forgot to tell you that I ate the rest.

me: Ohhhh.  That's nice of E to share, but those are mostly for her because you can eat actual food for snacks and we get those baby foods just for E's snacks.

N: What?!  There are too many for her.  She needs to share or she'll never finish the whole can by herself.  I was just helping her get to the bottom.

---

And then a little later at our house...

N: Tia, did you remember to buy a big bag of almonds?  (Note: I munch on almonds all the time and she's developed an extreme liking for them lately ... now I can't keep up with either of our demands.)

me: No, I'm a bad, bad Tia.

N: No, you're not!  And I'm going to buy you a present.

me: Oh, really?

N: Yes, a wedding dress, new shoes and a tiara!

me: Who am I marrying?

N: Nobody.  You're going to prom!

---

Update -- one from this afternoon ...

N suddenly seemed extra cuddly and nestled herself into my side while I was sitting on the floor playing with E.  Then she looked up into my eyes and spoke softly to me.

She said, "Tia, you sure have a big head."

I just lost it in laughter.

She said, "What?  You do have a big head, so why are you laughing about it?!"

4 comments:

  1. Awwww!! More N quotes, please! I love what she says! Feel free to take video, too. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. She usually blindsides me, so it's difficult to get the camera out in time!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Haha.. nice additional story. Yep, that sounds like N! She loves making observations. :) Please tell her hi and I love her for me!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Those quotes make me miss N soooo much. While I was watching her, she was always coming up with those funny/remarkable observations (she was only 2 & 3, then). I wish I had written them down.

    Thank you! Love, Mom/Namma

    ReplyDelete